Solo Travel Tips For Women
A few tips for walking alone can help make any sacrifice safer and more enjoyable. Many women are afraid to go it alone, as they fear it will open the door for men to seduce them. And they are afraid that they will be lonely or lonely.
Here are five tips for women to travel alone:
- Remember why you chose to travel alone. Why did you want to go to London (for example)? Was it because there was so much you wanted to see for yourself? Or was it because the attraction of the place was more than the inability to find someone who was willing or able to go with you? Remember your desire to see the place and let that pass your loneliness.
- Take safety precautions. Even if you were travelling alone with a friend, you would still be safe. Make sure your door is locked at night. View your surroundings. Do not go along with strangers. In fact, use your common sense. People are generally friendly, and I have often been helped in some foreign lands by strangers. However, I would not get in the car with a stranger.
- Inform your company. One of my favourite parts of visiting abroad is the time I get to learn about myself. I have learned that I can deal with emergencies without having to turn to someone for advice. I have learned that I love being alone at times. Take the time to find out about yourself when you are alone. What do you like? Most women at heart do not care about them and care about other people. Learn to look after yourself.
- Learn to eat on your own. One of the most complex parts of travelling alone is dinner. It is hard to be alone when others are eating together. However, this is an excellent time to find a culture! People watch while you eat. Make stories about the people you see.
You may feel uncomfortable too. Many people praise you for being able to be alone – it is hard work to relax as well as you.
Another way to enjoy your dinner is to plan your next day. When travelling alone, it is often difficult to navigate. So make sure you plan your route the next day well in advance. Also, you can use this time to write a journal about your day’s findings.
- Enjoy the adventure! The best thing about travelling alone is that you get to choose what you will do. There is no setup in a museum you are not interested in so your friend can see a particular painting. No going to dinner at the restaurants you hate! You choose. If you want to spend the whole day exploring the ruins of Scottish Castle, go ahead. Enjoy yourself. And enjoy the fact that you are on your own with your budget!
Women’s solitude is all about staying safe and having fun. You deserve an adventure today!